Monday, January 5, 2015

Mint Gum - EW!



Mint gum is just gross. I cannot stand the taste. I like the smell (it is rather pleasant) and the appearance gets an 'A'. But the taste is just - EW! 

Mint chocolate is yummy (in most cases. I have tasted some pretty nasty stuff), and I am beginning to accept actual mints for who they are, but the gum is insufferable. 

A hint of mint flavor is fine, and if they made a gum that had a subtle taste of mint throughout the whole chewing experience then I might give it a go. All mint gum that I've tried (not that I've bought any myself, but rather have been given some) has had this piercing flavor. I hate spicy foods, they just seem pointless. This overpowering minty flavor almost tastes spicy, and I don't like it. 

I seriously have no understanding for it seemingly being the most common gum flavor. It's always, "Hey, do you want a piece of gum?" "What flavor?" "Mint." "I'll have to pass." 

I'll admit that the chilly feeling in your mouth that you get is interesting, and admittedly nice. However, that sums up the positives for the flavoring. Instead of a mint choice, I would prefer to opt for something labeled 'ice' if I want my mouth to feel cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment