Tuesday, January 13, 2015

TopShop Cream Blush






It's all very exciting - my first TopShop order that is. I never really gave the store a good look even after I heard many mentions. But I finally did, and instead of looking at their clothing department (more like buying from. I did take a nosey around).

I am not a HUGE eye makeup person, but love lips. I did wander to find the face applicant section, and lingered on the cream blushes. I never tried them and used my nice powdered blush from Stila (or not so nice). It wasn't my favorite because it took a lot of smoothing in to look anything close to acceptable.

Cream blushers, I have been told, are very natural looking and quite nice. I wanted to try them, but just kept pushing the purchase back on my to-buy list. I finally caved when I read the stellar reviews about these lovely ones.

The first one, called Flush, is very...bright looking. Vivid is the word. I was certainly skeptical, wondering how on earth does THAT look natural. Well, let me say that I, personally, find it very UNNATURAL. I can literally tap my finger in and smooth it on to my cheeks and they are vivid pink. 

I bought the second, called Pulse, for safety purposes more than anything. I had my doubts about the previous one (Flush) and wanted to buy something I could fall back on in case Flush turned into a big hot mess. I liked it a lot more, and it's almost a bronzy color. A nice summer glow, if you ask me.

Also, may I say that the packaging is really cute. I love it. It rises above the plain black packaging that I'm used to. Bravo, TopShop.

No comments:

Post a Comment